Sunday 2 June 2019

Saturday 1st June 2019

First day of the month.

And an important milestone in the old project, the first turbines were due to be loaded out.

That was the plan.

I had received a text at three in the morning that the loadout had begun, but I would see for myself when I went onto the office to try to catch up on my overflowing inbox, which had 600 unread mails, some dating back to October and even further back.

After getting dressed, I go down to have breakfast, then drive to the office, getting into the port was the easy part. But without a swipe card, getting into the building would be more difficult. IN the end, a passing technician raised the alarm, and someone came and opened the door.

Who are you?

Just the project quality manager.

A ;little lie now, but that what my clock card says on the board. I show him, and he is satisfied.

In fact, though the turbines are being loaded, the port's stevedores were doing the work, of getting the components onto the ship. So, rather than being a hive of activity, it seemed rather deserted.

After working on the inbox for a couple of hours, I put on the PPE and go for a wander onto the site to see the ongoing work, and take some shots, that I can't post online. But hey, one day I will.

Maybe.

They were about halfway through, two huge cranes lifting the towers and 85m long blades onto the vessel. Really big boys big toys.

I walk back, carry on working to half two, then I am done.

The hotel is full of German and American tourists, and they are all wandering around town with a paper map, looking for interesting things.

I don't have the heart to tell them, that this is as good as Esbjerg gets,

I go down to the beer shop, hoping to get some more Historical Ales, but when I got to the other end of the high street, it had just closed.

I get a bag of popcorn, some Cokes, a bottle of wine, strawberries, peaches and saltsticks to feast on through the evening as I watch the Champions League Final. Neither Liverpool or Spurs were actual champions.

One hundred and fifty one On the way back to the hotel, I call in at Dronning Louise for lunch: I have rack of lamb with a Kronenburg to wash it down with.

I know how to live.

And that was it. The evening was spent waiting for kick off, then when the game began, praying for the pain to end, as the game was dogshit.

Liverpool got a dodgy penalty after 25 seconds, then Spurs spent the rest of the game huffing and puffing.

Liverpool get a second in injury time. Game over.

Season over.

Though there is some internationals next week. So, it goes on.

No comments: