Saturday 6 July 2019

Friday 5th July 2019

Another day in Esbjerg....

Yes, here we are. Or I am.

I arranged to be here over the weekend because of the loadouts of the project. Only, the weather thought otherwise, and there has been no loadouts for over a week, and due to prolonged storms on the Bight, none till next weekend.

So, I need not be here.

But my flight is still booked, as so is my hotel. 10 nights.

So, here I am.

And apparently all caught up at work.

So, no pressure. I get up, shower then once dressed, go down for breakfast, and drive to work.

All senior management were due on sight, so all the good parking spaces were reserved. Meaning a walk of an extra 400 yards.

Oh well.

And, eyes down!

Like always, all it takes is a small problem to screw the day's plans. Meaning the stuff I planned to do would not get done. When you don't have 500 other urgent things to do, like it was two months ago, not such a crisis.

So, the days progresses. I fix problems, have lunch, fix more problems, and generally look busy.

I had special military training to look busy.

And at half three, I was done. Finished looking busy.

One hundred and eighty six I decided to drop my stuff at the hotel and go to look at some trains.

I walk all the way up the shopping street, then past the new shopping centre to the station, where there are three trains in the station. So I snap each one, and wait for the streamlined one to leave at twenty to five, heading for Aarhus.

Leaving for Aarhus I walk back through the town. I was going to have a drink and dinner at the Dronning Louise, but it was rammed, inside and out, so I walk back to a new craft beer place I had seen, Industrial, or something. I have a glass of porter and read some old Rock magazines, whilst a selection of rock tracks played on the hi-fi. They liked rock, I deduced.

Puch DS 50 I could have had a second, but I could feel my head spinning.

And as a good idea, I stop off at the supermarket for some snacks and wine.

Puch Monza Grand Prix Back in my room, I have some pringles and open the wine.

The rest of the evening becomes a little hazy. I woke up at half ten, light on, TV on.

Industrien And the rest of the wine had evaporated!

OH noes.

So, I clean my teeth and go back to bed. Outside rain hammered down, it is JUly in Denmark after all.

No comments: