Tuesday 9 July 2019

Monday 8th July 2019

Back to work.

Kinda.

Monday in the hotel is quiet, because most people arrive from all over Europe during the day, so the restaurant is quiet for breakfast, I am tempted by the crispy bacon, so treat myself to a overfilled roll, as you do.

And then to work, arriving just as the day shift do, but because I was here at the weekend, there was no work to catch up with, just the pleasant tasks of keeping up with tasks as they come in, and making sure the coffee machine doesn't get bored. Wiener Melange on a steady flow, the mix of coffee and chocolate making what the machine thinks is coffee taste almost pleasant.

Almost.

I thinking of doing a recreation of Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup, but think better of it.

Monday is fruit day, and bowls all over the office are filled with bananas, plums and apples, meaning I won't go hungry, and be healthy.

Philip, my old boss, arrives soon after lunch, and we meet up before the two hours of meetings we have until four. By which time I have no work to do, so make my excuses to drive back to the hotel to read some more of the Guide, before meeting Phil for dinner at six.

One hundred and eighty nine We meet up, and have a table by the window. We both order burgers with everything and huge Diet Cokes.

Not only does he pay, but treats me to an ice cream as we walk back to the hotel lift.

Which was nice.

And that is it, just more reading, listening to the radio.

And bed.

Two days to go.

No comments: