Thursday 4 July 2019

Wednesday 3rd July 2019

It is college graduation week here in Denmar. I say this because it seems to be the modern tradition for graduates to dress in things that look like sailor's hats, climb on the back of trucks and be toured round the town, drinking beer, dancing to loud music. For a week.

Wednesday was the last of the week of celebrations. The truck tours the town, stopping at the house of each class member, and they partying for three hours.

They all looked a bit jaded by Wednesday, the last day of celebrations. The truck, or one of them, went up and down past the hotel three times in ten minutes, the Europop beats echoing off the sides of the buildings.

All done now.

Anyway, Wednesday. Third day away, seven to go, and all is pretty much going well.

Which is nice.

I slept poorly, and after showering and getting dressed, went straight to work without breakfast as I was still full for the late dinner.

And down to work.

It was bright and breezy, nice enough to walk around the site looking at blades, but all around storm clouds were gathering, literally.

One hundred and eighty four And here is the news: I have a new job.

A new job in the same company.

I applied for it back in April, when I was near to my lowest ebb, had an interview the day I went to Aarhus for the day, then just wait.

I was called a couple of days later to say I was being offered it, if i still wanted it.

I did.

I am to be a lead auditor, based mainly in the UK.

The Quality Department decided they needed a UK based auditor, and my old boss, Frank said I would be perfect. A friend was at the meeting when this was said, he called me asking why I had not applied for the job. What job?

So he sent me the link. It seemed perfect, I wrote an application on the spot, updated my CV and sent it off.

The rest is history.

Late in the day the official announcement was sent to me first, so I knew word would get out on Thursday.

I start on September 1st, so a new life will be waiting, with me visiting lots of new and old places.

EEEEK!

So, there you have it.

I celebrated by having dinner in the hotel, burger and coke. I was joined by a colleague, and we ended up discussing Brexit with a Brit on the next table.

Later, I try to stay awake to watch the women's second semi-final, but when it goes to extra time, I give in and go to bed.

Phew.

No comments: