Thursday 18 July 2019

Wednesday 17th July 2019

Wednesday.

And another day in Esbjerg.

What might be my next to last day here.

It feels that way, even though I could be back at some point. I suppose.

So, I get up at six, have a shower and am down for breakfast before the coachload of moaning Belgian OAPs come down and start again, but a few are down already.

I eat quickly, so stewed gooseberries and yoghurt.

And coffee.

And then to work, driving the couple of km to the port and then to the office, arriving before almost everyone else in the office.

The calm before the storm. Only, there is just a skeleton crew in, of course, as most of Denmark is on the beach somewhere way south of here.

But I have documents to download.

Yay.

One hundred and ninety eight Outside, the clouds break and the sun comes out, the winds drop and summer returns, which was nice. Really nice.

So, at four, I am done for the day, go back to the hotel and ready HHTTG for half an hour before going out for a walk.

A walk to the harbour. Again I go to the water tower, then down the hill to the new rusty bridge, past the steak restaurant for a wander along the side of the harbour.

Not much to say, other than there were no barriers, the Danes expect you to use caution next to deep water. So I did.

A walk to the harbour. Again At the entrance to the harbour, the road ends in what was a ferry linkspan, but now just has a old and rusty sign warning of going any further. If you do, there would be a brief pause whilst you car dropped to the water.

I turn round and walk back to the hotel. I could have gone to the bar for a drink, but decide against it.

A walk to the harbour. Again At ten to six, three of us meet in reception for the walk up to the main square, where we had a table in the Posthouse.

A fourth, Matthew, joins us, and we order starters, beer and wine.

A walk to the harbour. Again It was something of a pressure release evening. Beer was drunk, toast was made with wine, and another.

In a change of course, I had pasta and not burger or steak, and very nice it was too.

A walk to the harbour. Again Once back at the hotel, I see there was a bottle of Brunello on the counter; I order three glasses, which turned out to be huge.

Jools calls on my mobile, it was ten in the evening. She was going to bed.

We should really.

But WINE!

We have a fine time, and Steffan pays for the wine.

Yay.

Time for bed.....

No comments: