Wednesday 24 July 2019

Tuesday 23rd July 2019

Hottest day ever in Burgundy.

No news on what the Duke thought, though.

It reached 41.5 degrees in France yesterday, and was pretty darned hot here too.

And is going to get hotter before the weekend arrives, at which point we will have rain.

So it goes, so it goes.

We wake up darned early, mainly because its so flippin hot.

So, more work.

Jools is already up making coffee and so on, so I go down, sans trousers, because its hot already.

A pair of thugs She leaves for work, the cats go to find some cool dark place to see out the day, and I go round closing the curtains so to stop the sun warming the air in the house up like some fan oven.

It is, at least, breezy. Or is outside, but too hot in the sun to stay out, even with that breeze. But there is work to do.

So, I set up the work station, log on, and off we go.

I have to admit, that the project is quietening down, or the restricted part I now oversee. Which is nice. And my replacement is back from his holibobs, so the pressure really is off.

One hundred and four I am relaxed, I have sorted my inbox out so there is just two current ones on my to do list, the rest get dealt with and filed as they come in. Heck, I am even up to date with my travel expenses.

This is very odd.

At half eleven, I set up on the sofa to watch the first stage, for me, of this year's Le Tour. A flat and uninteresting stage, but seeing the Frech countryside roll by, and the wonderful villages full of smiling and waving people, just so excited to see the Tour pass by.

The afternoon passes by quickly, though is hot.

Dinner is to be chorizo hash, which demands to be accompanied by beer, even if there is a bottle of pink fizz in the fridge.

I needs beer.

Smoky Ale Jools comes home, I cook, we eat.

Lovely.

By then, the sun had swung to the east and the top patio was in shade, cool enough to sit outside. and drink a coffee.

Phew, what a scorcher.

Went to bed as dusk came down and the bats emerged.

Another Tuesday, then.

No comments: