Thursday 20 December 2018

Brexit blues

There is a small army of people like me, who have taken it upon themselves to learn about what Brexit in its many forms really mean. We can call out, accurately, bullshit when we see it from Brexiteers or ministers, point out their lack of knowledge or their lies. Or all three.

I wish there was something more constructive I could have done for the last 30 months, maybe find a cure for cancer, or cold fusion, but I love my country, and do not want to see it sleepwalk over the edge of the cliff, lead by a heartless bunch of spivs and snakeoil salesmen, promising the undeliverable.

Instead I read, I research and I write.

I do this so you don't have to. You can read what I write, or you don't. Up to you.

But as I pointed out to a Brexiteer on Twitter tonight, the truth will out. Brexit will be the disaster it was always going to be. All there will be to do then is who to pin the blame on then.

Of course it won't be there fault, they will have the "wrong Brexit", or it was either those horrible EU autocrats, of remainers, or enemies of the people (judges, House of Lords, Sky TV). Anyone but them, of course.

There is no such thing as a "managed no deal", just chaos. And more chaos.

By the time the chaos is unleashed, it will be too late to reverse it.

But we will have plenty of time to ponder the issues in the long cold, lean years after Brexit day.

I called a friend a recist today. Or stupid. Or both Let him choose. He used the term remoaner. He works in the Honda factory in Swindon, and today ther trade body for the motor manufacturers called on the Government and Parliament to rule out completely a no deal Brexit lest it destroy their industry.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

2 comments:

MONUDET said...

Ano, bohužel! Hezké svátky. Jan Sommer, monudet on flickr

jelltex said...

Hi Jan. Due to work, I don't always have time to translate your comments here and on Flickr, but thanks for the support.

It is Madness in UK right now.