Sunday 16 December 2018

Saturday 15th December 2018

Welcome to the weekend.

Thing is, I wake up and I move in bed and feel not much pain. But soon after getting up I can feel my hamstring tightening. It would be easy to just give in, so with that in mind we both decide to go to Sainsbury's, instead of Tesco, as Jools had received a gift card from her employers.

We left home at quarter to eight, so was getting light, but it was cold. I wrapped up warm, but it felt bitterly cold.

Deal was quiet, so we arrived at the store and find a place to park. I limp across the car park and into the store. We go round looking for the stuff we need. Sainsbury's has nicer things for sale than Tesco, but we had already bought Christmas treats, so were not tested.

Fringilla coelebs By the time we got to the checkout, I was in pain, so much so, Jools told me to go back to the car. The Corsa has heated seats, so I put that on and soon was feeling better.

We come home, and Jools unloads the car, and I am left to make breakfast, and Jools had requested bacon; on a Saturday. I said Tony would be confused.

Cyanistes caeruleus Jools had a lot of errands to run, so I am left at home, feeling sorry for myself, but listening to Huey. I tidy up the strands of the 3,000th blog I had been preparing, not quite as good as I wanted, but OK enough.

Parus major Outside it was dark and grey, heavy rain was expected in the afternoon, but the feeders were busy and I get the big lens out and rattle a few shots off, even if carrying the additional weight made my thigh throb.

Carduelis carduelis and Parus major The rain starts, and soon is is dark enough to have the table lamp on, and rain begins to pour from the sky, rattling against the back of the house.

Jools comes back home, I had made a batch of mince pies, and once I had prised two each from the tin, I make a brew and we have them sitting at the table as the rain hammered down outside. It felt very much like mid-winter.

Three hundred and forty seven I had an afternoon of football to listen to, and with Norwich not kicking off until half five, I would treat Julie to non stop footy from half twelve. I know how to treat a lady.

The radio commentary on the City game was running 30 seconds behind my Twitter feed, so when the goals came it was no surprise. City took the lead at Bristol, but conceded either side of half time, but gathered themselves to get an equaliser, then lay siege to the Bristol City goal, but could not get the winner With Leeds winning, they leapfrog City to the top of the table, but this was a tough game.

My back was done, I could not sit anywhere without it hurting, so I leave Jools to watch the final of Strictly, and I go up to lay in bed and read more of Bruce's book. It was amazing how quickly his fortunes changed, when they did. Though penniless and living in a friends kitchen whilst making the first album. Made me like Bruce even more reading this.

We are done by ten and still the rain hammers down outside. It'll do the garden good, and tomorrow should be fine and warmer too.

No comments: