Saturday 29 December 2018

Friday 28th December 2018

I suppose I should update you regarding my back: Well, it is better, and getting best, for the most part, day by day. However, I still don't feel like I should be walking miles and miles, and through Friday as Jools walked to the doctors and then the library, and I stayed indoors. Should I have walked too? I resolve to do more on Saturday. Probably.

We were running out of milk, so I say I will go to Tesco to pick up some supplies.

Tesco is quiet, oddly so. But then I suppose most of us still have enough leftovers to feed an army. Shelves are still full of Christmas fayre, we don't need any chocolates, mincemeat or anything like that. I get what we need and am out again having spent sixteen quid, over half on flowers for Jools.

I do more work in the morning, not that there is much to do, but I send more mails, make a couple of calls. All this while Jools walks to the doctor's to pick up some more test results. All is fine, btw,

She comes back and I am done for the day, and the year. I end with a call to my boss. She is happy with the way things are; good enough for me.

I had bought some fresh rolls at Tesco, so we have those with salt beef in, and I have to say, it is a mighty fine filling for sandwiches. Or rolls.

We play more Uckers, feast on a generous slice of Christmas Cake middle of the afternoon, before I cook steak and ale pie and veg and gravy and roast potatoes and pigs in blankets. And with a couple of glasses of red wine, it is a mighty fine meal.

Three hundred and sixty two We end the day with another game of Uckers, then watch a documentary on Billy Connolly.

We end the day smiling.

No comments: