Thursday 6 December 2018

Sunday 2nd December 2108

That I am writing this sitting in a hotel in Odense in Denmark, writing about events of yesterday, when I awake I was still in Norwich. Meaning I have driven home and then caught the flight over this morning.

Its all been rather busy to be honest, and already I am looking forward to get home on Thursday.

But back to Norwich.

I have never slept well after a night on the pop, so it came as no surprise to me to be up at four in the morning, with indigestion and being very hot indeed. I laid in bed for a while, then thought about the drive and with no head spinning I felt OK.

So, I got up, got dressed and packed, one final check of the room and I left.

Outside it was still raining, but not hard. It was twenty to five, and with luck I could be home before eight. I put my bags in the boot, got behind the wheel and fired up all them horses, ahem, and set off, past the station and the football ground then up Bracondale to the A47. Not much about, not even any tractors, at least not yet.

I turned down the A11, the main road south, at least the radio was good, listening to 6 Music, some foot-tappers and plenty of engaging chat to stop my mind wandering.

I make good progress through Norfolk and into enemy territory (Suffolk), with the rain still falling.

And on into Cambridgeshire, onto the motorway. And still it was dark. And raining.

Onto the M25, to Dartford, over the bridge and back into Kent. And it was getting light, although it was an odd light, with red light on the horizon, giving the impression of the arrival of the end of the world. Though, it didn’t come.

The final stretch to Folkestone and then to Dover seemed to take forever as my brain finally realises that it lost so many braincells over the weekend that it needed to shut down and giver itself a good talking to.

I get home at five to eight, and Jools puts the kettle on to make a brew. Normality is restored.

She goes in to work in the garden before the rain comes, so I go online, post some pictures, blogs, watch the highlights of the City game and then switch to the sofa to watch MOTD before the main business of Sunday’s football.

Three hundred and thirty four So while Jools goes to visit Jen, I stay home to listen to the North London and then Merseyside Derbies. I also cook lunch; steak and ale pie, which we eat at sometime around two, so we could then slouch on the couch to let it “go down”.

And that was really just about it for Sunday.

In the evening I packed, had a shower and so was generally ready for my travels in the morning.

1 comment:

Ashley Rosa said...

Dealing with bitcoin cash issues in the Bithumb account? Looking for some solutions to cope up this error on the priority? If you don’t find any solution, there’s a simplest alternative to get rid of bitcoin cash issues in the Bithumb account. With the help of modern technology, you can call on Bithumb support phone number and speak to the experts related to queries. You can also email your queries or message the experts via live chat options. The team of experts will be there to help you out and fix your query in no way.