Thursday 6 December 2018

Tuesday 4th December 2018

I wake up at half six, time enough to listen to the traffic on the main road a hundred yards away, and have a shower before getting dressed and be ready for breakfast at half seven.

Breakfast is frugal, but will get us to lunch, and as always there is coffee. Sweet, dark strong coffee.

Tim and I race to the factory, a half hour’s run along the ringroad to the old shipyard with the near redundant gantry crane towers over the huge manufacturing halls, inside one of them is where we make our monster turbines. We are expected, so allowed to walk, but not drive, to the offices a kilometre away.

Again, I can’t talk to you too much about what I do, but what I will say again is just how insanely big the new turbine is, everything about it is on a huge scale, the nacelle bigger than the average family house, and having three stories. I mean, just mind-blowing stuff.

At half three we are done, so we can walk back to our cars in the late afternoon sunshine, program in the sat nav, and drive into the sunset through the rush hour traffic to the motorway, where everywhere is jammed up.

Two Socks Gin Bar, Aarhus But I force the car onto the motorway, then play stop start for the next hour until I get back onto Jutland, and up the coast to Aarhus, arriving in time to check in and be back down in the bar for drinks with more colleagues.

Out into the cold night air, and a swift walk into town, over the canal to a Thai restaurant for a meal of mystery; a number 6 to start and 21 to follow. I have no idea what I ordered.

Two Socks Gin Bar, Aarhus But when it came it was OK, and the beer was OK, too. Not good, but OK.

Round the corner was a gin bar, I did not know about, so the 6 of us go in, look at the menu and have our G&Ts made.

We end up staying for three, but the host gave us lots of samples inbetween. It is all rather pleasant, but cocktails do go to my head.

Two hundred and thirty six We stumble back up the road as the clock neared eleven, the day had all but gone, and I was tipsy-fart. Situation normal. Again

No comments: