Thursday 13 December 2018

Wednesday 12th December 2018

I woke up after a surprising good night's sleep, with the pain my back/sde much improved. Yay. I even thought I might had been able to travel, but within half an hour of getting up, I could feel the pain, and was spreading.

Bugger.

It was a grand morning, herringbone clouds were lit by the light of the morning sun, contrasting with the deep blue sky behind. I went outside to take a shot, and was shocked to find it frosty and cold.

Three hundred and forty four As much as I would like to have had another day laying in bed feeling sorry for myself, I knew mails and work would have been piling up, so I powered the laptop up, and watched in horror as 75 mails tumbled in from the past two days. So the task for the day was to start at the first unread mail and carry on until I had read and actioned them all.

Sigh.

And then there is the phone calls, asking if I was alright and how I did it. I could, and maybe should have said, that I did it wresting a bear, tackling it as I tried to attack Jools. But I was honest. Tying shoelaces.

I had breakfast, a shower and the world felt a little better.

Even better after jam and crisp sandwiches, but then there was a two hour project meeting, where I would have to explain the injury. Again.

That done, and it was getting towards three in DK, so work trailed off just as I reached the top of the mailbox. I had spent the whole day, standing still, or treading water. At least I did not drown.

And my back seemed to have settled down, meaning I was walking around almost like normal, and able to cook dinner, carbonara, with no pain, and much to my amazement, it came out the best it ever has.

And there was wine. Deep red wine. Made me forget. Quite what, I can't remember.

And that was it, football on the radio, writing Christmas cards and ordering the calendar with shots from the American trip.

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep with no yelp of pain when I tried to turn over.

No comments: