Thursday 27 December 2018

Wednesday 26th December 2018

Boxing Day.

Each day my back gets a little better, although sometimes it begins to ache after a while, so not quite there yet. But getting there.

And the allergies are OK. Some evenings I have a squirt of the congestion stuff, and by the time I am settled in bed, things are fine. So, sleeping well too.

We were still quite full from Christmas dinner, but have some fruit and cereal for breakfast.

I felt OK enough to go out for a walk. We were going to go into Dover or Deal, but in the end I thought it more sensible to stay near to home so I could get home if I wanted.

We walked along to the end of the street, then instead of going across the fields as the path was a sea of mud, we walked up to Collingwood then just along to the new builds at the old quarry beside the pig's copse. One of the houses is on sale for £1.3 million, out of our price range, but they look nice enough.

Three hundred and fifty seven I say to Jools I was going to walk back, but say I;ll be OK< so she carries on for another half hour or so, while I was back along Collingwood, through the houses that are parallel with ours to Station Road, down to our street and back home.

I wan't in pain, as such, but was glad to get back home. I just have to wait for Jools before I put the kettle on and we have a refreshing mince pie and a strong coffee.

We are doing dinner again, warmed up turkey, pigs in blankets, Yorkshires, roast potatoes, steamed veggies and lots of left over gravy.

It is all done in an hour and a half, and the veg are better than on the big day, and we were home. We drink pink fizz. Thing is the roast spuds were perfectly crispy. I didn't want that fourth one, but it was so crispy, it would be a crime not to eat it.

Oh my God, I am so full.

I go to have a lay down, listen to the footy and 90 minutes vanishes. I wake up at half time and City were already 1-0 down at home to Forest. It gets worse as with 15 minutes to go, City are 3-0 down, and I am resigned to our first defeat since Jools and I came back from America.

But it seems the players were not resigned to their fate, as into injury time, City score a second, and in the 8th minute of seven injury time, Onal scores a third and all hell breaks out. We did not win, but we did not lose either.

We play Uckers for the rest of the evening, and Jools beats me twice.

That wasn't in the plan.

No comments: