Tuesday 11 May 2021

Monday 10th May 2021

Back to work.

But more important, the last week before two weeks off, and the days will drag, I'm sure.

And then is the nearly three days I will be home alone with the cats. I have parties planned each of the two nights, so that'll be great fun. I have ordered Motorhead to come to play in the back garden, so it'll be wind.

What? Dead?

Wow, who saw that coming?

Anyway, I will try to book another band, but it'll be a blast, just like when I was in the RAF, working hard, playing hard, staying up to nearly ten.

A short post-work walk Anyway.

Best get on with the blog......

Monday morning, and I sleep through the alarm, that never used to happen. I think it's because we stayed up until quarter to ten on Sunday. Imagine that on a school night!

A short post-work walk Crazy times.

There is coffee. There are cats. There is a podcast to listen to, just enough time to hear it before its time to start work.

Once upon a time, people used to go to work, and work. Now there is e mails, phone calls and meetings. All of which are apparently more important that the actual work we're paid to do.

A short post-work walk I have meetings and audits to arrange in China. I'm not going to China, not this time, any maybe the time when we would travel for face to face audits has mostly gone, but there is still a thrill of travelling, especially somewhere new, or exotic. Or both.

But not this year.

I have breakfast and more coffee. It helps. Not sure what it helps, but it does.

The roofer called; he's not going to make it to ours on Monday, maybe Tuesday. Early. Believe that when I see it, I say to myself.

The day drags. I have meetings.

Come three in the afternoon, I do take myself off for a walk, not far, just to see what I will see, as its been a while since I walked over to Fleet House or beyond.

It is windy: a fresh breeze the BBC suggested. Yes, I think so. Out of the wind, its nearly warm. But there is little shelter over the fields.

I go up the track looking for the Dense-flowered Fumitories, but see none. So walk up to Collingwood, then down towards Fleet House, meeting no one really, and seeing little other than dandelions.

A short post-work walk But on the way back, I see Bev from next door, walking Indy (their dog). We talk for ten minutes about football, life, COVID and butterflies, as there are several Painted Ladies on the wing, chasing each other with other stuff on their mind.

Ahem.

I try to get close to get a shot, but they are flighty, so I only get distant ones.

But back home I see a male Orange Tip flitting about, and I watch it settle on a plant on the top border, and be battered about. I sneak up to take a series of about 50 shots, I hope one at leat would be OK.

One hundred and thirty At least one was.

Which was nice.

I make tacos for dinner. I had made the sauce earlier, cut the meat from the bones from some chicken thighs and let them marinade. So just before Jools was due back, I cook the mix up and warm the shells through. A beer would have been nice, though I don't really miss beer now, but the thought of it is nice.

It is a usual evening with some later football, of which I watch just the first half. Fulham were going to be relegated, it was rather like peeping in at a funeral. Sad times for the club and fans.

No comments: