Monday 17 May 2021

Sunday 16th May 2021

Day two of the two and a bit weeks off.

I have already calmed down from my usual 100mph lifestyle, dealing with problems when, and sometimes before, they occur.

But for Sunday, it was to be col and cloudy, with a stiff breeze. I didn't panic, I have weeks off work.

So, we are up by seven, the cats fed and first coffee made. I put the radio on, warm the croissants, make a second coffee, and that is another fifteen minutes of the day gone.

Jools goes out to do some gardening, and I took things easy as my toe had twinged during the night, so took drugs, drank lots and made some more cornbread. But in a change from previous times, I doubled the amount of cheese and added some wholegrain mustard.

One hundred and thirty six Which worked very well, even if I say so myself.

The day progresses slowly.

Purple Asparagus We had lunch.

There was no wine. Still.

In the afternoon there was football to watch. Although, not that much of any importance, as most placings have already been decided. Spurs played with Wolves, like they were a bored tomcat and Wolves were a mouse that just wouldn't give up and die. It ended up 2-0 to Spurs, should have been twenty, and how Wolves have fallen to the also-rans.

Panther in the long grass Then it was Liverpool at already relegated West Brom, and the "Baggies" didn't read the script and were level at 1-1 when the game went into extra time. Liverpool needed to win to stand a chance of finishing up in the top four, get in the Champions League and so the money will keep flowing. I mean, finishing fourth of fifth doesn't make that much difference. Except in the tens of millions of pounds the CL would bring over the Europa League.

A different frog So, last seconds of the game, the Liverpool 'keeper, Alison, went up in the age old traditon of having tried everything. The corner came in, Alison met it perfectly, and the ball went into the back of the net.

BOOM.

I mean, players cried. Not because of the money, but because something extraordinary had happened. As Danny Baker said, when the keeper scores, confetti should fall and a huge firework display should happen.

Wow.

And somehow, the day had slipped by.

I edited shots for #wildflowerhour, and went to bed just after nine.

No comments: