Thursday 6 May 2021

Wednesday 5th May 2021

As I have said before, we are all getting older. And stuff happens, we get old, stuff stops working, hair grows out of our ears, and things that didn't work, find new ways to screw things up.

The gout that had building all week, got worse. I did manage to sleep on Tuesday, but not well. And as Wednesday went on, it got even worse.

At half eleven, I got to call the doctor's to get my blood test result, I was expecting a "there's nothing to worry about", only she saod all bar one was good, and that the test for creatine was high and I needed to speak to the doctor.

One of the laws of modern life is not to Google (other Googles are available) about such blood tests and what possible results could mean. There is talk of kidney disease and even worse.

Knapweed Bugger.

But, it can't be that bad, as the doctor only wants a routine chat, and the next appointment was in a week's time, but still, makes you think. I mean our heroes and heroines of our youth are, in some cases older than us, and in some cases, younger, and some have faded into darkness already. That Keith Richards has survived says lots about the chemical life.

One hundred and twenty five Am I worried? not yet, but does make you think, and also that that and the gout are connected, and what it could mean. MIght mean nothing. I have no intention of going nowhere, whatever.

So, that put a bit of a downer on what was already a black day, with the gout getting worse and working being, well, work.

Apart from that, there is always work. And taxes. And memories.

Or something.

Jools leaves to work, and I start work, I reply to one mail, when Teams thing chimes: I saqw you were in work, says Henrik.

Knapweed So we talk about calibration for an hour.

And then: an audit.

Being an auditor, its what I do. What I am paid to do. And if circumstances would have allowed, I would have travelled up to Hartlepool on Tuesday to do the audit in person, and actually travelling somewhere other than Dover or Deal would have been nice, but I have an audit to do in Spain on Thursday and Friday, so did not have time to travel.

Sigh.

So, I do the audit, auditing a friend. She is in Denmark, I am in Kent and the manager is in Hartlepool, and it just works.

And because I'm special, there;s a second audit after lunch which just gave me time to write the first report.

The day passes and just in time, its one in the afternoon and time for another audit, and one I know will be like opening Pandora's Box. Of disasters.

Sunshine on a rainy day And its even worse than that, but at least I am told how shit it is.

And then the closing meeting, and I tell them it's shit.

And write the report.

I type out some words and give in for the night.

Aubergine for dinner. While I listen to music. Some wine would be good, but there's no chance.

I have squash and take my drugs.

We eat the two aubergine, all fried and golden.

Tidy up.

Listen to the radio. I put my one big foot up.

It gets dark, there is football to follow. I give up at nine, so don't know the result until the morning.

Instead I find there is just one fairly comfortable to sleep in, and endless uncomfortable ones. A cat, Cleo, lies between my legs, pinning me in one position and she goes to sleep.

My foot throbs.

Harder.

No comments: