Friday 14 May 2021

Thursday 13th May 2021

2nd vaccination day.

And I was going to be alone for two and a half days.

Jools took off Monday to give her a four day weekend to allow her to travel with Jen up to Manchester so Jen could stay with Sylv, and lay her Mother's and Brother's ashes to rest with that of her Dad's.

Jen is 75, and driving from Kent to Manchester is quite a trip, and Jen isn't to good at directions. One point she and Sylv ended up in central Liverpool rather than on the M6 heading south, or in travelling round the M25 to return home followed the A13 into east London.

So, early on, Jen would call round in her car, and she and Jools would head north. Jools would stay for two nights before coming back by train on Saturday.

Which meant I was to be home alone, dealing the the kitty fighting and so on, and trying not to burn the house down.

I'd do my best.

And on top of that, as we drank second coffees, I was struck by a strong migraine, meaning I could not use a computer for several hours. I switched my home laptop off, sat with my eyes closed, but with the strength of that one, I knew that working, staring at spreadsheets and so on, would likely bring on a second migraine.

Jen came, she had emptied her freezer of stuff that would go off, and presented me with half a bottle of milk and a potato; I'd have so much fun!

And they were gone.

I was going to wait for the roofers to come, but rain had fallen, no issue as they assured me the roof was water-tight, and they said they'd come back in the afternoon.

No problems.

So, I decided to take my migraine and cameras, load them in the car and check on the Late Spiders before going into Folkestone for the jab.

It was grey and drizzling, but worth going up to check. I hoped to see the spike in flower, the weather has warmed up, but the spike was still days, if not a week away. I took a shot just for records, and left, walked back to the car, and drove into Folkestone to find a parking space.

Folkestone Old High Street I had an hour before the appointment, but I thought I would see if I could get in early, so walked up the Old High Street, past the cafes where customers were sat outside in the drizzle, sipping coofees already going cold, up the the moden High Street and the building now being used as East Kent Jabby, Stabby Central.

I lined up, they did not want to let me in, but the queues were so small inside, after a couple of minutes I was allowed in, following the coned-off lane, snaking round the old store, checking in, registering in, until after half an hour I arrive at the desk of a nurse, Joe, who confirmed my details, made light of the jab, before filling up the shringe. He pushed the needle in, I turned away, and he pushed.

One hundred and thirty three Done.

He completed my vaccination card, gave me a sticker to wear, and I was free to go, though wait 15 minutes before driving.

I walked back to the car, shrigged and switched the igntion on, engaged a forward gear and drove home.

Once back, I lay on the sofa, anything to avoid a computer and the onset of migraine.

I snoozed. I read.

The day passed into afternoon into evening.

The cats did not fight, I made dinner: chicken and mushroom pie roast potatoes, and steamed vegetables allsmothered by the last of the gravy from the weekend's roast chicken.

It was good.

I watched football, took part in a podcast looking at the Christmas editon of Smash Hits from 1981, watched Liverpool beat Man Utd, then go to bed at half ten.

Jools called, she had escaped Emmerdale (Farm), and was walking the local area taking shots for GWUK.

I had no party.

No comments: