Friday 7 May 2021

Thursday 6th May 2021

And so, my new work reality. Nine hours a day in an audit, via Teams.

It will be like this for the next three days, and most of June.

So, better get used to it.

The gout had got worse during the night, meaning I struggled for sleep, coupled with a lump of a kitten laying near me meant it was a very poor night.

I hobbled downstairs after getting up just before six, giving me just enough time to have a coffee, a second coffee, before I log onto work and have the first meeting of the day.

I have to have breakfast and more coffee before eight, as that is when the audit starts, and was scheduled to last until 5 in the afternoon. Breakfast was rough oatcakes with butter and marmalade, one of my very favorites. I told myself I would have fruit for lunch

There was me, my colelague in India and about eight people from the factory in Spain, to say there was communication problems would be an understatement. We have an opening meeting, introduce ourselves, and then get down to business.

One hundred and twenty six 18 hours of this before the weekend. The minutes dragged, and there was little time for making brews either. Just sit there and make notes.

We do break for ten mnutes, just long enough to make a brew.

And back to it.

I then noticed that my toe wasn't throbbing. I had worked out how to sit at the table and jam my leg on the chair opposite, in such a way I could still work and be comfortable.

After lunch, of fruit, there was no doubt, the gout was easing, and I didn't limp when I went into the kitchen to make a brew.

Amazing.

Hopes were rising for a good night's sleep, even with added cat.

We do finish at quarter to five. I am done, to be honest. Worn out. And the amazing thing is that even with the lack of sleep and staring at the computer, I did not get a migraine.

And even better news was that Jools was bringing home fish and chips for dinner.

I boil the kettle and get the plates and cuttlery out.

I can do that.

Jools comes back laden with deep fried food, I dish up, make the brews and take the food into the lounge.

We eat, drink and get weary.

Night falls, the radio burbles and we go to bed.

THat was thursday.

No comments: