Saturday 5 March 2022

Friday 4th March 2022

Not sure if the lack of a department social meeting this week and looking forward is a reflection that my soon to be ex-boss never saw the value in them. I have four colleagues in Denmark and about six in India, the two halves don't mix except at meetings. It's not good for team building, if I'm honest.

I meantion this, as I rush to get up, have coffee, put the bins out and put the bird feed out, then power up the work computer and cme up with a picture of the week which my boss seemed to like. Only to find there was no meeting.

I made some toast and a second coffee.

And get down for work.

I have to book a hotel for Sunday night, as I am off on my travels. Did I mention that? I am off to sunny Denmark for four days, catching an early flight Monday morning. So, a night at the UJC before setting out to Heathrow at dawn. I like direct flights, not ones that have connections. Especially in Amsterdam, doubly so after Brexit when we have to go in the "other countries" line. I'll never make my connection in 90 minutes.

Sixty three We shall see.

It is a rubbish day with only a little sunshine. And I have work to do, three meetings too. Including an update for my boss. Soon to be ex-boss.

Probably.

I mean, nothing is clear.

So, the morning drags.

I have more toast. I have scraped the last of the Nutella from the jar, and I said I wasn't going to buy any more. But there is marmalade.

And cheese.

But not together.

Obviously.

I work to half two, wrap up. Jools was going swimming for work, so I made a brew and watched a video of a train going from London to Brighton. Its calming, and I can listen to a podcast at the same time.

There is the music quiz at six. I make a brave guess, and get it wrong. But its fun.

Then we go to Jen's for cards, and meat and potato pie with mushy peas.

And wine.

As Sylv has gone home, it takes less time to play now, so we rattle through Meld, and Jen wins Queenie with a run in the 4th hand, so we are done by quarter to nine.

Jools drives us home.

The weekend starts here.

No comments: