Monday 28 March 2022

Sunday 27th March 2022

Part 2 of the weekend.

It would be nice to laze in bed, but as I am off on my travels next week, this requires a haircut, and so a trip to Folkestone.

Normally this would have been combined to a flying visit to Samphire Hoe, but due to the start of BST, we lost an hour, so even getting up at six, meant it was seven, and we had to leave for Folkestone by nine. In short, we never made it.

Eighty six But I am pretty sure we wouldn't have found a spike in flower.

So, instead we had a lazy start, have a coffee, fruit and another coffee, before we set off for funky Folkestone.

We went via the Alkham Valley, turning up then down into the town, beside the old Harbour Branch, going along the Leas to the old Leas Cliff Lift to grab a shot, before driving up via Tontine Street to the usual car park.

All back to Folkestone It was already half nine, so after paying for our parking, we walked up the top of the Old High Street, to the old Town Hall, and me along to the barbers, me being first in the queue to get the first seat in a chair.

All back to Folkestone Ten minutes later the front door was unlocked, I was shown into the first chair and away the guy went. Half an hour later, I was feeling much cooler as my furry had was now much shorter.

All back to Folkestone I pay and go to find Jools who was having a coffee with our friend, Mary, who lived in the town.

All back to Folkestone They were in Steep Hill Cafe, just finishing their drinks, so we pay and leave.

Walking across to the car park so I could have a snort of allergy spray, then down the hill to Tontine Street, round the Harbour past the Grand Burstin Hotel, and back along the old Harbour Branch, down the steps and up the Old High Street.

All back to Folkestone It felt normal, though we have all been robbed of two years of our lives, and as Mary pointed out, those nearer the end of that felt that loss more than anyone. We make arrangements to meet again when I come back, Jools and I walked back to the car and drove home.

All back to Folkestone I had invited Jen for lunch, and I was cooking roast beef and all the trimmings, but just a small joint that would take about an hour to cook.

All back to Folkestone Back home I season the meat, put that in the seal, and boil potatoes, peel and prepare the vegetables and mix the batter for Yorkshire puddings.

All back to Folkestone And it was all done by one.

Jen arrived, I dished up and Jools opened the wine.

All back to Folkestone Cheers.

Dinner was spendid, as roast beef is, and smothered with gravy made with the cote de beuf stock I made last week.

All back to Folkestone Lovely.

Once cleared up, we played cards, and Jen won both hands. No surprise there.

And despite being summer time, the weekend was running out. Jen went home, we had supper and I uploaded shots for #wildflowerhour.

And just liek that, the weekend was gone.

No comments: