Thursday 3 March 2022

Wednesday 2nd March 2022

Life comes at you pretty fast sometime.

I have been writing more about work than I ever used to, mainly because of the frustration I and my colleagues feel at the way things have gone.

Just as we get used to how things are now, something else changes.

On Wednesday, just before nine, all of us got a message telling us our manager was being replaced.

No warning.

None for us, or for him, as it turns out.

Our new manager starts on April 1st, the day before my holiday starts, so who knows what I'll come back to. But then again, who cares? I am beyond the point of caring, turns out there is only so many unanswered fucks you can give before the fuck store is empty.

So there.

So, that put a bit of a downer on the day, all in all.

There is a team meeting to announce details, if there is any, on Thursday.

Meanwhile.

We slept in to just gone six, both of us tired after our days in London. Jools just has a tea and a shower, got dressed and left for the office. I ached all over, mainly my legs, so there was to be no walking that day. Anyway it was cold and grey outside, so I wanted even tempted to put my boots on.

Work is the same, apart from the earth-shattering news, and we get on with the stuff that fills our days, which if you asked me to detail it, I couldn't. Other than it takes all day.

For a change I have soup for lunch, I made a small potato bread roll to go with it, and that was very nice indeed.

In the garden I find the first four shoots of the imperialis, the bulbs seem to now produce doubles. So I take shots of both groups and one of those will do as the picture of the day.

Sixty one I wrap up for the day, really quite fed up with the way things are panning out, but there is hope for the future at work.

Maybe.

Dinner was a quick meal of fish cakes, stir fry and noodles.

It was Jen's birthday, and the last day Sylv would be here, so once Jools came back, we climbed back in the car to see Jen, giver her her card and say goodbye to Sylv.

Sylv is a kind of Forrest Gump person, but has got through life while not really understanding things like train and bus timetables. So her coach trip to Manchester is going to be fun to say the least.

We leave after 20 minutes, back home where I quickly cook dinner.

For the evening I have the "pleasure" of listening to Norwich play at Liverpool in the cup. It was on TV, but following on the BBC website and via Twitter was bad enough.

2-0 at half time, I had had enough, so I go to bed, so it is the morning that I found out Norwich rallied in the 2nd half, and it only ended up 2-1.

No comments: