Sunday 6 March 2022

Saturday 5th March 2022

This might be the last post until Friday, as I am on my travels.

Just so you know.

I am thinking of taking my personal laptop, but then again I think it might be OK to take a break from social media.

We shall see.

Anyway, with the weather being cold and drizzly, we decide to have a quiet Saturday. And for me it would be football focused, as Norwich were playing one of their relegation rivals, so it was one of them six-pointer games they like to talk about. I'll spoil the suspence by saying Norwich didn't win, instead they lost badly, so now is the chance for fans to argue among themselves.

On Twitter. Which seems to be the modern way.

So, after coffee, we go to Tesco as I described in another post, didn't buy much but it came to £88. I bought some maple syrup cured bacon. Apparently maple syrup cures anything.

So, back home I make bacon butties while Jools puts the shopping away, to save time, though we do have all day.

Once we had eaten and cleared away, there was the radio to listen to and lunch to defrost.

Lunch was to be gumbo; a frozen bowl of the stuff, hiding, possibly, the skeleton of a mammoth. It took two goes in the microwave to have any effect, then the remainder had to be hacked at in the pan as the bottom of the ice brick simmered on a low heat.

Sixty four I made rice, well cooked rice, opened a bottle of "nice" red wine, and by one we were sitting down to nicely fermented gumbo and rice.

It was good. A fine deep spicy cajun flavour.

We eat well, and so my main task through the afternoon is to stay awake.

Which I do, so I listen to every update from Carrow Road with dread, as a reasonable first half fell apart in the second, and Brentford beat us 3-1, our one goal coming in the 2nd minute of injury time.

Sigh.

On top of that, there was more football to watch after; Liverpool v West Ham, which ended up a 1-0 for Liverpool. Was a good game.

By which time it was half seven. We play Crib. I win.

Yay.

And that was that.

No comments: