Tuesday 29 March 2022

Monday 28th March 2022

In case you've missed the news, I'm going away on Saturday.

Getting quite excited this time, believing I'm really going.

Ryanair have been good in sending me mails letting me know the stuff I had to do.

But me being me, I procrastinated, and left it for "tomorrow".

Well, Monday was tomorrow, or I knew I had to get it sorted.

So, first I filled int he passenger locator form for Greece, not mandatory now, but should smooth my entry onto the island.

Then I had to get a COVID passport from the Government webisite.

Although it took an hour, it was pretty painless and have both a digital and paper copy of the passport and PLF.

All should now be set for the weekend. And the week away.

But it was Monday, and there was work to do. Of course.

Spring has ended, and temperatures are getting lower with each passing day, and by Thursday there's a chance we could see sleet or even snow. Just as well I'm going away, then.

Frosted But with Donna still off with COVID, Jools leaves for work early to try to catch up, meaning I am left alone with podcasts and the task of making some bread to last me through the week. So, I make a 1lb 4oz loaf, and like last week put it on a tray to rise rather than in a tin, and if anything, its bigger than last week's.

I make a fresh coffee, take a deep breath and log into work.

It's still there, and to make the day perfect, I have meetings through the day, and through the week. So, no escape into the countryside, even if it was warm enough

I put the bread in the oven at nine, and it is done just after half past, in time for another meeting, but by the time that was finished, the bread would be cool enough to eat. I cut a crust and put on a spoon of the new low fat/extra fruit jam, and it was almost as good as the apricot spread Andrea's Mama used to make. Almost.

Eighty seven There was frost first thing, but it did warm up. A little.

Lots of birds in the garden, and I try to take time to watch the action.

I have regular tea and bread breaks.

Which is nice.

I should have gone for a walk either at the end of the working day, or when Jools came back, but my back said it wasn't really keen. And when Jools did get home through the traffic she said she didn't feel like going either. Which was fine.

We had steak and ale pie, roast potatoes, steamed veggies and the leftover gravy from Sunday.

And I finished one of the new bottles of red wine I got.

It was very, very nice.

I struggled to stay awake.

But did.

No comments: