Monday 14 March 2022

Sunday 13th March 2022

Two year into the pandemic.

It wasn't going to be a nice day outside, and if truth be known, I was still tired, though I had slept better.

After coffee Jools went swimming, while I was to stay here and have a shower, though I got lost in the podcasts I had to catch up on, so was unshowered when Jools came back just before nine.

We had croissants and another coffee, but nothing else, as Jen was to come round at lunchtime when I was to cook roast lamb and all the trimmings. Not all the trimmings, but just the traditional ones.

So, after having a shower, I prepare the joint and put it in to roast. Then peel the spuds and put them on to boil, before preparing the vegetables.

Seventy two Jen arrived at half twelve, just time for them to have a game of Rummikub while I watch over the vegetables and put the Yorkshire puddings and roast taters on to cook.

And make the gravy.

I dish up and we sit down to eat, and most splendid it was too. We even had fizz.

I had timed it so I could watch the afternoon football, if I could stay awake. I do, but only just.

Jen left at four, and I made a brew so Jools and i could have the other bars of Twix.

Simple pleasures.

I watch the Leicester v Arsenal game, and that was entertaining. Norwich had also played: they lost 2-1 at Leeds, and there really is no words I can say that will change how dreadful they were, especially in the first half. No matter how good the second is, if the game is already lost, then what's the point?

Indeed.

A quiet evening but with added crumpets before #wildflowerhour started.

And the weekend was gone.

No comments: