Tuesday 1 March 2022

Monday 28th February 2022

Back to work.

I no longer get anxious about going back to work. I used to when I was at the chicken factory, and again when I was on operations on my my last project.

I'd lay in bed at night going over how much I would hate the forthcoming day, and the things I had to do.

Mondays were shit when I was at school too, but mainly because I never did any homework and I would get another telling off. I never learned.

So, the last day of February, and we were greeted by a wonderful sunrise, but this would be the last one for a while, as the weather was to change with couds later, and rain overnight.

Fifty nine So I took shots of the sky and set the office up. Jools was out walking. I know I should and tell myself I would go out later, and almost meant it. My back was still complaining, and I thought, correctly, that the sun would be hidden by then.

I set the office up. I mean I get the big screen, the laptop, the keyboard and connect them up.

I power it all up and after the usual software update, I begin work, trying to make sense of the chaos.

Through the day I have two important meetings, where I am stunned by the lack of understanding in basic management system principles. I explain, slowly, but I know I sounded angry and the guy in the meeting uncomfortable.

Sigh.

And then I try to get some direction from my manager.

Yeah.

I had breakfast.

Lunch.

And into the afternoon, and as expected the day did cloud up and it got cold and there was moisture in the air. I take a shot of the Pasque flower, as its nearly out, and was it for being outside.

Pasque flower No walking for me.

But I was in a good mood, as I had an actual day off the next day, and lots of walking planned as well as photography.

So, dinner is chorizon hash, which I use a lot of sweet peppers as we bought some bumper sized ones this week, added two onions and a couple of shakes of chilli flakes, and once the potatoes had been fried, mixed them all up once Jools was home, and we sat down to eat.

In two weeks, I think we shall go for a walk before dinner, and try to do that most evening. We have long promised it, and never followed through.

Anyway, we go to bed early, at half eight, as I have an early start in the morning.

News, as we get it.

No comments: