Tuesday 22 March 2022

Monday 21st March 2022

The thing about moth traps is that they require light.

Black light.

But it's very bright.

I had hoped to use the sockets built into the beds that use to power the footballer's wives fountain, but neither would work. So, I had to plug it in using the sockets in the shed, trail the lead out meaning the trap was in full view of the house.

In full view of our house and next door's too.

Of course, I did not realise this until it was dark and going to bed, and the light coming in from the trap was almost bright enough not to have the bathroom light on.

Hmmmm.

The next morning, first task was to turn the trap off at dawn, then an hour later check for moths. There were six, though only found three of them, hiding under the eggbox.

I snapped two of the species, identified one straight away, and the other I posted to the Kent moth group on FB.

Eighty Here is the little blighter: an Early Grey.

Anyway, to work.

Jools went to work after her morning walk, but Donna had caught COVID over the weekend, so Jools was back on her own. The finance lady also caught it, so Jools had a long, hard day. I meanwhile, had to make progress on my project. And not easy when so many people have their own views. Its all a bit mad. A lot mad.

Meeting after meeting with people making sure I understood their views were most important. It all gets a bit tiring after a while.

I should have gone for a walk in the afternoon, but instead get the edging spade out and finish the job on the twisty path that Jools had started. The plan had been to go out for a walk when she came home, but my heart wasn't in it.

Some days work is so wearing, you wonder if its worth all the stress when it seems you're not appreciated, and the feeling kills the evening.

I'm OK today, but down last night.

Sigh.

For a chenge, we share a tin of rice pudding then have the last two of the monster saffron buns with a huge brew.

No starter, no main, but two desserts.

Great.

There is music in the evening. And blog writing.

Not much else, I don't watch the Div 4 game on the telly box.

No comments: