Saturday 2 March 2019

Friday 1st March 2019

The first day of the rest of our lives.

And like that, Meg had her funeral, we all came, cried and went back home.

What I mean is that we picked up the strands of our lives, and just got on with things.

As we do. Either you do that or give up.

That is not to say we don't miss Meg and wish she could come back to us, but she is gone.

So, we carry on.

We are both sleeping better, with the result that we are both laying awake before the alarm goes off, and as we were to learn that night, no matter what time we go to bed, we don't seem to need much more than seven hour sleep.

So we were up and about just after six. having coffee and feeding the cats. It was to be a quiet day, as we had lots of stuff to do, first of for me was a trip to the chiropractor, to try and sort out my back.

I drove down the hill to the surgery, and after a short wait, I was called in and I was pulled this way and that. Not much wrong, but enough to hurt. Tell me about it.

The it was off into town for Jools to have a haircut, then up to Tesco for some shopping and drop some stuff off at the tip.

We were back for half eleven, and I have to check mails to see if I was going to Southampton on Monday. As it turned out, I wasn't, but touched base with the boss, and all is good.

See you on Monday.

So I have lunch, more toasted cheese sarnies, and then on with the radio as we tidy the house up, getting rid of old clothes and stuff.

A crappy day, which faded to dark soon after five.

Sixty I cooked burgers for dinner; in rolls for me, and a naked on for Jools. Not bad.

And that was that, the weekend had arrived.

I kept an eye on the Leeds v WBA game, which was a romp for Leeds, winning 4-0 and so leapfrogging Norwich to the top of the table. For 24 hours anyway.

Jools watched Lalaland, which was not about Brexit, but contained lots of singing.

She liked it, which was nice.

No comments: