Sunday 17 March 2019

Saturday 16th March 2019

It seems the cats had given up trying to wake me up, as I slept in to ten past seven, Scully was asleep in her basket downstairs and Mulder was still in his sleeping bag on the chest of draws.

I get up and make coffee, Mulder wants feeding, but Scully decides to go on sleeping.

I had no idea when Jools would get back, so I thought may as well get chores done, and that means the trip to Tesco.

I had no list done, so i zip round getting what I thought we needed, but as we're being sensible, so ice cream, no bacon, but I do think I should have croissants, so buy a pack of two for my breakfast.

Back hone I make another cup of coffee, warm up the croissants and tuck in.

Jools called at half nine, could I pick her up from the port? I could. So I drive down as she had dropped the van off, and took us back home. But I could see the trucks already beginning to back up.

I meantion this, because half an hour later, I head out to do some chruchcrawling, and the traffic cannot get out at the Duke of Yorks roundabout from the Deal Road, so I do a right turn and take the "scenic" way through East Langdon to Whitfield. And with Jen heading to Austalia to visit friends and family on Sunday, I call in to say goodbye and to remind her we need to have her return.

She is excited, but also worried about leaving her Mum behind, but Jane is looking after her, so all should be OK. I tell her she is the glue that keeps the family together, which makes her cry. I thought it was a nice thing to say!

I leave Jen and drove out through Eythorne to Shepherdswell and onto the A2. From there it was cross country again, through Barham, Elham to Stone Street then over the downs to Wye and on to Hinxhill.

Hinxhill is a tiny village just outside Ashford, but once upon a time must have been quiet, the parish now backs on to the big area hospital, The William Harvey.

Hinxhill is a typical Kentish church, but is always locked, at least to me. As was the case this weekend too. But the back up plan was to go back to Wye, as the church there is always open, as was the case yesterday. Although parking was a problem, in the end getting half a space on a junction.

The church is unlocked, and is a large and grand space, but the modern seating leaves me cold to be honest. But I see much more details than on previous visits, so I snap away.

Seventy five My last call was Waltham, halfway back towards Dover, last time I came here it was open, but not on this morning. No sign offering a keyholder or details. So, I turn and leave.

I have no mobile phone, so retrace my route back home, so to avoid any jams in and around Dover, getting back at one.

I make lunch, grilled burgers, stir fry and egg noodles. Which is good.

But not so good was the heavy migraine that appeared without warning as I was eating. As I finish it fades, but comes back 5 minutes later, meaning the only thing to do is to lay down with my eyes closed.

Half an hour later the migraine fades, and the wine i had drunk with lunch had worn off, just in time for the football.

Leeds and Sheffield Utd played at lunchtime, Utd scoring the only goal, so if Norwich won, we could extend our lead at the top.

We were away at Rotherham, I saw the other game against them, and despite being near the bottom of the table gave us a heck of a game. As they did yesterday, but City won 2-1, four points clear with eight games to go; so close now, you can almost taste the champagne.

I have toasted cheese sandwiches for tea and Jools has another shake. We are both shattered, but I sit up to watch City on the telly, as you do. 23rd win of the season.

Who saw this coming?

No comments: