Thursday 21 March 2019

Wednesday 20th March 2019

Again, it is 36 hours since the events I am describing, and already I have to think hard about yesterday. But it's all coming back to me now.

I woke up at six fifteen in my room in Odense, traffic was jumping outside, and people queuing for buses a few yards away.

Hotel Legoland, Billund I lay in bed, then get up to get ready for the day, at least I did not have to be at the factory until nine, but last time I drove to the nacelle factory, I got lost and a 15 minute trip took 35 minutes, as I got stuck in an endless on way system.

I pay my bill, have a quick breakfast, then get the car out of the car park, driving across the main road, through some housing, all the time following the sat nav. But soon I recognise shops and fuel stations, so I press on and arrive at the factory some 45 minutes early.

And then the phone goes: are you in Lindo? I have just arrived. Well, can you answer a question?

Be there in 5 minutes.

So, my half an hour of quiet contemplation was ruined, I walk in the drizzle to the offices, and already there is the client, who want to engage me in questions, then the guy who called came, and I went into an empty office with him as we talked through the problem.

And back outside to meet the inspectors, and into the meeting room, which I have to give the opening address.

And away we go.

There is the tour of the factory, and my back is already sore, and just gets worse.

So bad that when we go to the storage area, a car is arranged, and I can't even climb up into the nacelles, so I stand outside while the rest go up and do some inspecting.

I was getting cold, it was raining, my back ached. I felt more and more miserable. And then I spotted something yellow on the ground.

Seventy nine I realised it was a coltsfoot. I saw another, and another. Dozens in fact. Their wonderful yellow faces make me smile. Growing from among the granite chips, the leafless stalks each capped with a little sun.

Made me smile.

Big time.

Hotel Legoland, Billund We are done by lunchtime, we have lunch and people leave, just like that, all over.

Hotel Legoland, Billund I make some calls then walk back to the car half a mile away for the 90 minute drive to the airport and my hotel at the Hotel Legoland. Again.

Hotel Legoland, Billund Not much to report of the trip, still sunny and pleasant.

Hotel Legoland, Billund I arrive at the hotel just after three, I check in and go to my room, but I saw they are buidling a lego calstle hotel at the end of the road I decide to go out and snap it.

Hotel Legoland, Billund But my back has had enough, I can barely get there, and bend over in pain before walking back.

Hotel Legoland, Billund I do work until seven when I go down for dinner and have burger, fries and a beer. I decided I deserved it. And it was good. I mean really good.

Hotel Legoland, Billund I don't eat the lower half of the bin or some of the fries, but I did feel bad.

Hotel Legoland, Billund And that is it, back home in the morning. I go to sleep with the sound of jets taking off from the airport next a mile away.

No comments: