Saturday 18 May 2019

Friday 17th May 2019

I woke after the first eight hour's sleep I had had in weeks. Feeling so much better.

And I was home alone, as Jools was at that moment on a sleeper train heading the last few miles into Inverness, so it was just me and the cats.

I feed the cats, make coffee and see what is happening in the world, only to find that the internet was broke, or Fickr was. Flickr is where I post most of my shots, and hosts images for this blog. It would not load any image, and the support from the site and owner was pretty non-existent.

One hundred and thirty five And that's how that stayed all day. But I spent hours trying to see if I could fix things my end, downloading adblockers, adding Flickr to the white list, deleting cookies and so on and on. It made no difference.

And even worse, the weather was poor, thick cloud and gloomy light, not orchid photography weather at all, and it was going to be like this all day!

Once the school run and rush hour was over, I go to Tesco to get the usual essentials, before coming back and trying to find out from the hospital how Mum was. Getting through to the switchboard took and hour, and by the time I got through and put through to admissions, I was told she was in the process of being discharged.

I called her carer, and we swapped stories, meaning I got the full picture of how she has bit by bit, slipped back into her old ways, including smoking.

Which means we will not be going to visit next weekend when its her birthday, she doesn't deserve it. I mean not because she smokes, but because she lies about it. It insults Jools and I and her friends to think that we should ignore our senses.

Later, Mum calls and I let her have both barrels.

Meanwhile the weather doesn't improve.

So, I find I have spent pretty much the whole day in the house.

After dinner, there is more play off football, Charlton v Doncaster, which was a great game, and the twists and turns make me give thanks that Norwich are spared the emotional roller-coaster of the play-offs. It ends with Charlton winning on penalties and followed by a huge pitch invasion.

No comments: