Friday 24 May 2019

Thursday 23rd May 2019

Thursday.

EU Elections day!! (who saw that coming? ME!!!)

My holiday is running out, just six days to go now, and thoughts turn to what will happen next week. At least long works allow me to think things through.

We shall see.

A walk to exercise my democratic right Jools had a medical appointment, so she took the car again, so I dossed around the house for a while, well, several hours, writing, editing, then having a shower so I looked and smelt lovely.

A walk to exercise my democratic right After watching the birds in the garden for a while, I take me and the camera for a walk, down the hill on Station Road, and up the other side, looking at the wild flowers growing on the verge, and enjoying the warm sunshine.

A walk to exercise my democratic right I stride up the hill the other side, then take the path of Westcliffe Road, past the old military storage buildings, now hidden behind trees and a magnet for the St Maggies graffiti posse. And into the field beyond, filled as it was with tall sways grass, soon to be harvested for silage.

A walk to exercise my democratic right It didn't have a lot of wild flowers, but did offer fine views to Westcliffe church and beyond to where Chez Jelltex snuggled on the side of the down.

Back down to the rad, then into the village to the town hall to do my democratic duty in electing those unelected Eurocrats Nigel is always complaining about. There was a lot of people voting, more than for the local elections two weeks ago, and far, far more than at any of the previous EU elections I have taken part it.

One hundred and forty two I could have voted for Nigel himself, as he represents SE England apparently. Though not very well, clearly.

And back outside, take a shot of the door, and back home via the village shop where I don't buy an ice cream, just a bottle of squash and some naans.

Then back home down the hill and back up the other side.

I spend the day doing some gardening, and waiting to see if Flickr was ever going to work again. Well, 24 hours later and it still isn't, so no pictures again today, I suspect.

I while away the afternoon, and Jools comes back at five with news that she has no issues after all. So good news.

When's dinner, she asks. You hungry? Yes.

I'll cook now.

We have sweet maple syrup marinated chicken, with sweetcorn and couscous. Which is darned good I have to say.

Again, we spend the evening quietly. I listen to the radio and Jools watches something on her laptop.

It gets dark, we get sleepy. And go to bed.

No comments: