Tuesday 14 May 2019

Monday 13th May 2019

Back on the road.

Or back on the train.

Then the plane.

And then on the road.

Again.

Though, I did miss a train in there somewhere.

Oh well.

As I hurtle towards the vacation that should begin on Wednesday evening, I see nothing but issues, coming at me from both sides. So, I was awake well before the alarm went off at half five.

Here we go again.

So, up, get dressed and make coffee. Time slips through my fingers, and soon it is time to load the car for the short drive to Martin Mill. But at least, this time, the sun is shining, if from a low angle, what with it being before six in the morning and that.

Not much to report really on the trip, just the usual commute into London and a sleek, if overcrowded train, passing through countryside a riot of colour and fresh growth.

Being a Monday, I expected the airport to be crazy busy, but it wasn't as bad as when I flew the previous Wednesday. So, I check in, drop my case off and go upstairs wait in line for security.

I help an old lady for whom it was all too confusing, but her case wasn't pulled due to having too many liquids inside, or some other reason, so she smiled as I took her laden tray to a quiet space so she could sort herself out.

Now, I had left the house without having breakfast. I now regretted it, as I was hungry, and as the bar/restaurant, I could have had a fry up or anything else. Instead I think of my weight and have eggs Benedict and a coffee.

I was no longer hungry anyway, I just needed to find a place to sit in quiet, once I had bought a magazine to read.

Time passes.

The gate is announced, so I wander down, and find the plane is full, which explains my unusual seat in 10A.

We board and fill the plane. I settle down as the plane powers up the engines and we taxi the few yards to the went end of the runway.

ROAR.

Off we go, into the air and leaping into the sky, dotted with little white fluffy clouds scattered over a huge blue sky.

I am sat in front of the world's most famous Dane, Tottenham winger and free kick expert, Christian Eriksen, he was on the way home with his wife and young son the day after the season finished, and before the Champion League final in twelve day's time.

I spoke to him as we waited to get off, very nice, quietly spoken, and he said nice things about Norwich too.

One hundred and thirty two As we turn north, the plane passes over the patchwork of fields in Essex, Suffolk before crossing the coast just south of Great Yarmouth. I snap a couple of scenes before breakfast is served.

Heck, Denmark is sunny and warm. And springlike, with the road verges lines with tens of thousands of Thrift flowers, scattered in the grass.

New Cut Makes my heart sing.

And then I am at the office, and chaos is afoot.

And I have meetings. Lots of meetings.

Great Yarmouth And soon it is half five, and time to go to the hotel. The right hotel this time.

I check in, go to my room for twenty minutes before I meet my trusty assistant (my former boss) for dinner.

We both have burger, fried and salad. All food groups.

He is already worn out of the project. I have been on it for 23 months. Think of how I feel! Back to my room, ponder on my life choices before going to bed at ten.

No comments: