Friday 3 May 2019

Thursday 2nd May 2019

Local elections Day.

In which local people vote for local politicians, locally.

Basing their choices on the national party they represent.

As we received literature from the three main parties only, and half the candidates did not state which or of they were affiliated with a party, I had no idea what they stood for, so I ignored them.

An evening walk to the polling station There was just the two of us voting, quiet even for a village, but it is old school: a piece of paper and a pencil on a piece of string, but I did it.

I didn't used to vote in local or European elections, now I will value each and every chance I get to vote.

It matters.

And then there is work.

Always work.

Start the day with meetings, then another meeting. In which I was told we would get a bonus this year.

Fade into yellow Let's get spending!

And work.

It is a slog, a five day week with a three day weekend at the end of it, seems to go on forever.

I have chorizo, onion and shoarma sauce flatbreads for dinner. I have to say, these are my new favourite thing, maybe even better than cheese toasties. Yes, I think so, and because they have less dairy, maybe better for me.

An evening walk to the polling station I try my best and don't have a beer with them.

An evening walk to the polling station Good boy.

At four, I wrap up for the day, grab my voting card and set off down and back up the other side of the Dip, along Station Road to the village hall to cast my vote.

An evening walk to the polling station Once I voted, I walked through the village and out along Kingsdown Road, out into the open countryside where the bright colours of fresh growth were amazing. I breathed in deeply the smell of spring, ambling along to the top of The Dip.

An evening walk to the polling station It is a long, steep descent to the bottom, but the mud is gone, turned to ground as hard as iron by many weeks of little rain.

An evening walk to the polling station So I an over than and up the other side, past Fleet House and over the fields to home.

One hundred and twenty one When I get home, I see two Orange Tip butterflies on the wing, and one settles. SO I get down on my belly and leopard crawl ever closer, getting better and better shots, until with the last couple, I step the apeture down to f22 to get maximum depth of field.

Job done.

And back indoors to prepare dinner, Chinese port, stir fry and noodles. And asparagus, because asparagus.

And that is the day. Just Marc Riley on the wireless, and follow footy on the BBC website.

No comments: