Wednesday 8 May 2019

Tuesday 7th May 2019

Back to work.

And with it being a bank holiday in the UK and not in Europe, cue the avalanche of e mails waiting.

But at least for an hour, I could sit in peace and quiet and enjoy the last few minutes of the weekend.

Outside the sun shone, and the wind was still, though chilly. It promised to be a good day out there, just a shame I would be spending it in front of a computer.

After an hour of urgent calls and mails, I get a message that Windows updates needed to be downloaded.

I clicked "yes", and in the background they were downloaded, then the computer went off.

Switched back on.

And off.

And was like this for 90 minutes.

I have to sit by the computer in case it sprang into life again.

It didn't.

But when it did come back on, I still had all the data still on it. Which was nice.

So, I work through the day until five, when a combination of factors meant I went into the garden to plant some flowers, as the flowers do not complain or answer back.

One hundred and twenty five The cats came out to supervise.

And check on the status of dinner.

I cook dinner for Jools and I, after I feed the cats. We have whiskey and honey smoked salmon. It was every bit as delicious as it sounds to be honest. I do some stir fry and curried rice to go with it. Jools even had some rice, now that she is off the shake diet think.

Plantain sp She has lost three stone, what's that, 42 pounds. Which is great, though it was more like torture. I have lost a third of that, but then I did have regular wine.

The evening I spent listening to the radio, not in much hope as Liverpool hoped to overcome a 3-0 first leg defeat, without their two top scorers.

But this being football, they did just that, score four goals without reply to oust Messi, Suarez and co.

The radio feed was twenty seconds behind the TV feed next door were watching, so there was drunken cheers before I heard each goal went in.

But now, to bed, as in the morning, I travel.

Again.

No comments: