Wednesday 1 May 2019

Tuesday 30th April 2019

The last day of April.

32 days after Brexit was supposed to have happened.

So, just a normal Tuesday.

And with work piling up, and my working day rounds of endless meetings, phone calls and yet more meetings, I have to got my fill of fresh air when I can.

Outside there is no sign of my own orchid; the pot is showing signs of weeds, but no spike. Maybe it didn't make it through the winter? I was hoping to find if it was a Bee or something more exotic.

Down at the bottom of the garden, one of our two wisterias has come out in long fronds filled with buds, and each day they try to open a little more. It is amazing to have seen the two twigs grow to half cover the shelter, and maybe this year we shall have colour. I go out each morning, and several times during the day to check up on it.

Elsewhere, there are weeds, I say weeds, these pare plants to care for like our most prized flowers as the Garlic Mustard is the main food plant for the Orange Tip butterfly.

One hundred and nineteen I am yet to see any Orange Tips, but we are doing our best.

In truth it hasn't been warm enough for much, even though it is nearly May, it feels cool, cool like March really. Some warm weather will make everything pop soon enough.

And it is a three day weekend coming up, the last regular weekend of the Football League season. The cricket season has been going for a few weeks already though, so summer is coming.

I have flatbreads with Thai spiced king prawns and salad. So nice I have two. I tell myself that there's not many carbs in your basic Mk1 flatbread.

But the afternoon drags I wait for Jools to return so I can have dinner. Or prepare then eat dinner.

We have shoarma lamb, more prawns, stir fry and noodles. All good. And spicy hot. Wine took the heat away.

Which was nice.

Spurs were playing Ajax in the evening. I tried to listen, thought I might like to lay in bed to listen to the 2nd half.

I miss the last 20 minutes, gently snoring.

No comments: