Saturday 4 May 2019

Friday 3rd May 2019

Friday.

Thanks fuck for that.

It has been a long hard week, but the end of it is in sight, and it is a three day weekend.

Which is nice.

Jools was up with the larks as she had an early yoga class, and I had coffee to drink and breakfast to eat.

It was a glorious morning, and my only thought was when work ended and Jools was back and I could go out orchid chasing, the late afternoon could not come soon enough.

But there is work.

Of course.

I started just before eight, register my working hours, then attend two meetings. And then deal with the inbox.

Everyone is screaming for information. I do my best to find it and share it.

And so the day continues.

Sigh.

Mulder had to go for his jabs in the afternoon. So even when Jools came home with the car, she had to get him to the vet. I had nabbed the handsome chap and popped him in the travel box, all ready.

By the time she came back with Mulder, his bowels held up, and we could say the weekend had begun, clouds had rolled over, making it dark enough to have the table lamp on.

In anyone's book, even with a ring flash, this wasn't photography weather.

So we have an early dinner, which I cook whilst listening to the radio.

And once that was over, and just gone six, there was a gap in the clouds, so I grab my camera and flash, and skedaddle to Lydden to check up on the Man Orchids.

Thing is, with modern cameras, you don't really realise how dark it really is, you just expect the camera to get a shot.

One hundred and twenty two Anyway, I climb over the fence, find a few stunted spikes, a few in partial flower, so snap those.

On the way home, I stop and see Mike and Jane. It is really the first time I have seen either since Meg's funeral. There still are not words enough to describe things.

But life goes on, slowly. Smiles return, Mike has gone back to work, and is soon to go to the Railway Club to meet with friends for drinks.

Life goes on.

So I leave them and return home, mainly to check on the shots I had taken. And due to the darkness of the evening, most were blurred, but one was fine, showing the rain that had fallen running down the spike.

Soon be more to see all over the country.

And then there is Monty. Or not as he is in America, so Adam Frost shows us how he plants his garden. Which is interesting. Anyway, flowers, plants trees.

And bed,

No comments: