Thursday 30 May 2019

Wednesday 29th May 2019

Back to work.

Commute to Denmark.

And face the consequences regarding my mini-breakdown on the day I went on holiday.

Before then, I had a one our train journey, two hours in the airport, a 90 minute flight, then an hour's drive to the office.

Then I would face the music.

Jools' alarm went off at half four, and we stumbled around, making coffee and getting ready. I really wasn't ready for this, but bills have to be paid.

She drops me off at the station, a fine and cold morning, with the nesting crows making all sorts of noise and a fuss.

I slip into my seat once the train arrives, which fills up despite it being the Whitsun holidays.

I catch the DLR to the airport, which wasn't that crowded, and the check in desk for BA was nice and empty, so I was up to security in a few minutes.

One hundred and forty eight Inside the departure hall, I buy my first camera magazine for over 5 years, as I could find no book that grabbed me. I also bought Private Eye, and not the least surprised to find those pushing a hard or no deal Brexit have the most to gain financially from it. It is a good, but depressing read.

The Dome I have breakfast of eggs royale with an extra sausage. And two coffees, just to make sure I don't sleep on the plane.

And soon enough, it was time to board the plane, and settle down for the 90 minute flight, cruising above the clouds, crossing over the North Sea, Holland and onto Denmark.

LDN And in Denmark, it was like it was still February, barely ten degrees, a cold breeze blowing, but at least partly sunny.

I am given a Mercedes B class, and I am off on the last leg of the trip, travelling down toad still lined with waving crowds of thrift, looking wonderful in the sunshine.

At the office I am given hugs, and I apologise for letting the team down, there are tears, and we forge a way forward.

At ix, we all leave for our hotels, I am in a different one from the rest of the team, and with it being a holiday, all bars and restaurants were rammed. I end up eating at the hotel after checking in, feasting on a huge burger and fries washed down by a large diet Coke and then a small beer.

Back to my room, where I can settle down on the bed to watch the Europa League Final, played in Baku and contested between Chelsea and Arsenal, who took less than 6,000 fans between them due to the convoluted travel needed and huge costs. Chelsea won out 4-1, which, meh.

No comments: