Saturday 24 August 2019

Friday 23rd August 2019

The end of the week, and the start of a three day weekend.

Yay.

And my last, unofficial, day as a Project Quality Manager.

I say unofficial, as the official date is September 1st, but next week I am going on an audit in Scotland, so I will be off the project at least for two weeks, as the week after I will be going to sunny Denmark for some induction training.

So, the last day for a while where I will be working from home, relaxing with the cats and butterflies.

These past four weeks have been a joy, my batteries are recharged, and the routine has meant I have been getting on with exercise and looking at what I eat.

All good stuff.

Anyway, it was anther endless sunny day, one to look at from the shade of the house with a cold beer in your hand.

Maybe later.

But first, have a coffee, and then, gird my loins for a session on the cross trainer, my third such session this week. I am feeling better for it.

I tell myself.

So, having reached the end of the playlist on the i pod, I just start it again.

Two hundred and thirty five 20 minutes later, and with Scully watching on I am done.

Literally.

So, go down to sit on the patio to cool down enough to have a shower.

And then onto work.

A walk to the post office I deal with the e mails, long my working hours, call a couple of people.

A walk to the post office And I am all caught up again.

At midday, I walk to the post office in the village to drop off a couple of letters, one requesting access to a church, and the other a bundle of Norwich programs to a collector.

The rest of the programs will be sent to a charity in Norwich next week, three huge boxes full.

I never read them, so why keep them?

A walk to the post office Why indeed.

The big field, on the other side of Station Road, was being harvested of wheat. The chaff fills the air and is carpeting the road and pavement down the street.

I grab a few shots before walking down the hill, and then stride up the hill, not breaking stride walking up the steep hill into the village. First time I have done that for years.

After buying stamps for the letters, I call in the shop for an ice cream, then amble back down the hill towards home.

After lunch I wrap up for the week, pack the work laptop away, and begin to do some gardening.

Nature finds a way I am still doing this when Jools comes home, in tears.

She is in pain from her side, so after she calmed down I drive us into town to Buckland Hospital where there is a walk in centre.

We wait for an hour. Of course, your mind runs in circles as to what the problem might be, but turns out nothing to be concerned, might be a little dehydrated.

Stone the Cat Go home, drink and take pain killers.

We go home to have pints of iced squash sitting in the garden before I prepare chorizo hash for dinner.

Jools is pooped, so she goes to bed very early, and I watch the Friday game, Aston Villa v Everton, which Villa win 2-0, rather easily. Football, eh?

No comments: