Tuesday 13 August 2019

Monday 12th August 2019

Back home, and back in the jugg agane.

At least I am working from home again this week, so this is the new normal. At least for now, until the end of the month, when the new job starts.

A bit of a change for a Monday, I needed the car to collect the cats later in the morning, so I had to drop Jools off at work. She would make her way back in the evening. So, after coffee, we set off leaving at just gone six, taking the near empty roads to Hythe, along the M20 to Folkestone.

Now, I am not a morning person. But some people clearly love mornings and the thought of going to work, as they are just desperate to get by, even if I was driving at 70.

I drop Jools off, turn round and get home. And with having to take an hour off later, I log into work, deal with the in box before making breakfast and another coffee.

I set off for Denton at half ten, arriving just before eleven, and Linda had them all in their cages ready. Linda is retiring, so this is the last time we would see her, and the last time she would see Mulder and Scully.

Two hundred and twenty four I pay and load the car, trying to get back before Mulder's bowels give way. But he is relaxed, and only begins to meow a lot once we get near to home.

We get back with no accident, and as soon as the car door is open, I let him out f his cage, and he is free.

Small Tortoiseshell Aglais urticae Meow?

Breakfast?

Scully joins him when I let her out, so I give them a packet each and some kibbles. They seem happy with that, and I can get back to work.

Small Tortoiseshell Aglais urticae So I thought, but the cats are a little phased, so stick near me all day. Which is nice, as they just want to lay on the floor at my feet as I work.

Outside, drinking a cuppa, I see a butterfly, a Small Tortoiseshell, the first I have seen in over two years. I grab the camera and try to get shots. Just to show it was there.

Small Tortoiseshell Aglais urticae And back to work.

The day ends, and I wait for news from Jools on how she is getting back. By train is the answer. So I meet her at Martin Mill at twenty past six. Its been a 12 hour day for her, and work crazy as ever.

Small Tortoiseshell Aglais urticae Back home, I cook salmon, new potatoes and corn, which is a fine summer meal, and done in 20 minutes, but it is still seven by the time we sit down to eat.

The day gone already.

Keeping watch Scully sits on my lap as I watch a recording of MOTD, seeing Norwich back on is a thrill, even though we got beat.

Football is back.

Heck, it is cool. Cold even. We close the windows and outside, dusk falls ever earlier, and was dark by nine.

Winter is coming.

No comments: