Tuesday 6 August 2019

Monday 5th August 2019

What, is it Monday already?

Bugger.

Jools is up and about, and so I lay in bed waiting for her to put the coffee on.

It is dark enough at half five now to have to put a light on. Summer passes so quickly, soon it will be Christmas, bah, humbug.

And once she has gone, and I have searched the internet, I sigh, and go upstairs to go on the crosstrainer. This time with Scully as an audience, as she grooms herself, I put on my trainers and get lardy and sweaty.

Its not so bad once you start, and soon my fat little legs are flying round and round.

I do 24 minutes, so I go downstairs, sit on the patio to cool down, then fire up the work laptop, answer any important mails, before going for a shower and getting dressed before having breakfast.

And here we go.

Work is waiting for mails, meetings, phone calls, but with less pressure. I can cope.

It is a windy day, so going out for a walk to do some macro is out. Instead I patrol the garden on the lookout for wee beasties. And I find a leafcutter bee playing eggs in our new bug hotel, so I snap that.

Leafcutter bee And back to work.

Until four, when I can pack away my stuff again. There is stuff to do in the garden; top up the wildlife pools and do some deadheading before starting to get dinner ready.

But Monday is now Jools' yoga night, so she is not back home until seven, so I have time.

Two hundred and seventeen I make caprese, and all is just about done, along with the garlic bread, when she walks in at twenty past.

I seem to have done a lot of food, too much, so much that when we go to bed at half nine, it lays heavy and affects our sleep through the night.

But was bloody nice though.

No comments: