Tuesday 20 August 2019

Monday 19th August 2019

And, back to work.

And so begins another week working from home, though this will be the last in this run, as next week I will be off to sunny Scotland for three days.

More of that another time.

As, in theory, this is my last week, officially, in my old job. And next week back to the cut throat world of auditing.

Yay.

So, for now, a week working at the dining room table, fending off cats and watching out for rare butterflies in the back garden.

Situation normal, then.

And I do a session on the cross trainer, stepped up a level, and singing along with my favourite songs. I mean, what's not to like?

Two hundred and thirty one And to work, switching on the computer, watching the megabytes of PDFs download into my inbox, all ready to be filed in several places and never looked at again.

It keeps me off the streets.

At one point, Mulder brings in a vole.

Alive.

He drops the vole and goes to the stairs to collect his "reward".

A pair of Ladies The vole, stunned at not being dead, starts to run.

I run to it, then after it. It goes into the kitchen, along the base of the cupboards, into the utility room, takes a flying jump over the door frame and out into the garden.

Mulder hasn't moved, and demands kitty kibbles.

Meetings are now fewer, and as the project nears its end, there are less and less things to discuss.

Painted Lady Which is nice.

Inbetween bouts of work, I go into the garden to look at the birds or snap the butterflies.

It also keeps me off the streets.

The day fades, as does the sunshine, and the wind builds. Not walking and photography weather I decide.

I prepare dinner, caprese and some garlic bread. And wine.

That's easy.

Jools comes home, tired, but dinner is ready and waiting.

After dinner and after clearing up, we have the final two small slices of tart.

All gone for another year.

It lies heavy all evening, as I watch Man Utd labour to a draw with Wolves, live on TV.

Its a hobby.

No comments: