Thursday 15 August 2019

Wednesday 14th August 2019

Second day of Jool's first fast.

I am not joining in.

I think I could if I were on holiday and not given over to huge amounts of boredom at home. Boredom means I get thinking. About food.

So, best I do the best I can.

There are no biscuits or crisps in the house, so I am not tempted by anything.

I have fruit for breakfast, then I will have warmed through curry for lunch, for which I will make my own spicy curried rice. That's double curry if you like.

I know I like.

A lot.

I should have done a session on the crosstrainer after coffee, but I really could not be bothered. I slept poorly, and felt like poo. So, I'll do a session on Thursday and Friday.

So I listen to the radio, have another coffee and breakfast before getting dressed and being ready for the day ahead.

Aah.

I want to do so much, but the weather says otherwise. After a bright start, we were due to get rain, which would get heavier as the day went on. It could be wrong....

It wasn't.

By midday, the rain was falling gently, from leaden clouds. So I make lunch, I warm a selection of spices in a ban, melt some butter into it, so to make a paste, then pour some cooked rice into it. Warm up the curry, mix the two in the frying pan, pour onto a plate and eat with a toasted flatbread.

No beer.

Just squash.

And back to work, as outside the rain sweeps across the valley which I and the cats watch mournfully from the back door.

No fun today.

With the working day done, Scully and I watch a couple of documentaries on TV, I put a blanket on my lap, and she is happy enough, snuggling up into a ball, and gently snoring.

Two hundred and twenty six Jools arrives home at quarter to six.

She is not going to eat. I feel guilty making a cheese toastie, But I make her a fruit tea. Tomorrow she is eating normal again, so I have dinner planned in my head.

The evening is spent listening to music and following the football on the BBC website, as it is on one of the many channels we don't have, and I will not pay for more football.

Sky is bad enough.

And so the evening passes.

The game goes into extra time, but I don't. 90 minutes is enough for a pre-season friendly that got above its station.

The rain continues to fall outside.

It feels autumn. It got dark at half eight.

No comments: