Sunday 11 August 2019

Thursday 8th August 2019

Operation cat round up is in effect

Yes, with going away, there is the question, should we ask friends or neighbours to look after Mulder and Scully, or put them in the cattery. Three days meantthat it was too much to ask someone to come in morning and evening, so a cat round up it was to be?

We now know there is no other way than to grab them early, and box 'em up, even it is many before I can drop them off. With Scully on the bed when the alarm went off, I grabbed her, and Julie grabber her on cat fan club, and together we tried to pour two wriggling, snarling, hissing puddy tats into their baskets. We grot scratched, but was done, so we could have coffee and relax before I took Jools to catch the bus in town.

It also means that Mulder gets used to his confinement, so his bowels should stay full inside him.

That was the plan.

After coffee, Jools has a shower, and is dressed so I can take her to the bus station, and from there she takes herself to work. Once back in the house, the two cats sing to me, lamenting their incarceration and their poor lot in life.

At eight, after checking on the traffic, I take them to the car, then via the Deal road and the A2 to the cattery in deepest Denton, getting there early, jut Linda lets me in, and we deposit the cats in a family pen.

All done. And no accidents from Mulder either!

Then a race to get back home to do a day's work. I was hardly missed.

And in half an hour I was all caught up, and waiting for work to come in. Lovely.

Outside it is a fine day, there are flowers, butterflies in the back garden, but I am focused. At least until the post arrives, and the DVD review of last season arrives. SO i make cheese toasties and a huge brew, then take my lunch and work laptop to the sofa to multi-task.

In fact, it was just the clips the club has posted over the season on You Tube, edited together. But it is a great story and so unexpected, or was at the start. And unlike Leeds' season, ours had the happiest of endings.

At four, the was was done, so I set my out of office message and clear my things away. Jools said to go to pick her us at quarter to six so she could get ahead for her day off.

Two hundred and twenty I am waiting at the factory gate ten minutes before, and dead on time, she walks out.

The weekend had arrived!

We decided to have dinner out, so from Hythe we went up the Elham Valley to Braham, then down to the Jackdaw at Denton, which I thought always looked nice, but we had never been.

The Jackdaw It was a glorious evening, so we sat on a table out front, I ordered fish and chip, Jools had the burger, and we supped our drinks waiting, as a series of young ladies went tottering by on high heels as high as a skyscraper. Wedding? I asked, no, the other; funeral.

Oh dear. Me and my mouth.

Anyway, dinner was fabulous, and no washing up.

We drove home to an catless evening of music and relaxing, and then going to bed early, because we are so rock n roll.

No comments: