Wednesday 14 August 2019

Tuesday 13th August 2019

Welcome to Tuesday.

Market day in Kings Lynn.

And it to be a glorious day in St Maggies, and I am to be working, but there should be time to have a wander later in the day. Or even squeeze some gardening in.

Two hundred and twenty five But first, coffee, then say goodbye to Jools as she leaves for work, and then onto the cross-trainer.

Its the Polis So, to the sound of Soft Cell and Gary Numan I got busy, and soon got the juices flowing. I wish I could say I did an hour or more, but the twenty was enough for now.

Crash site of B-17 43-39068, 487th Bomb Group, 838th Bomb Squadron, Nelson Park, St Margaret's-at-Cliffe I sat on the patio to cool down and sit and watch the flocks of birds feasting on the feeders. I could sit here for hours.

But instead I go to have a shower and get dressed, finally logging onto work at eight.

Red Admiral Vanessa atalanta The cats are getting used to being back at home, so not as clingy as on Monday, meaning I might do a whole ten minutes of work without being interrupted.

Crash site of B-17 43-39068, 487th Bomb Group, 838th Bomb Squadron, Nelson Park, St Margaret's-at-Cliffe Which is nice.

Jools is trying to fast two days a week now, meaning on Tuesday and Wednesday she will live on protein shakes for 48 hours. So I get to feed myself.

Painted Lady Vanessa cardui I mean I do that normally, I'm not that far gone yet, but I search the freezer get two corned beef crispbake things out, do some Italian fried potatoes and a side salad.

And a pint of squash. No beer or wine here.

And then back to work.

Crash site of B-17 43-39068, 487th Bomb Group, 838th Bomb Squadron, Nelson Park, St Margaret's-at-Cliffe At four, I take my camera and walk up Station road to view the new memorial to the crew of a crashed B17 that landed near the spot. All the crew got out unhurt, so worth remembering that in less than a lifetime ago, this was the frontline of war. Back then the whole village was closed off to the public, other than those who lived here.

Not any more.

From there I walk along the lane, snapping the wild flowers in bloom, then down the shallower of the two Dips, and along to the butterfly glade.

A short walk It is very overgrown this year, and the wild marjoram is behind brambles now, so basking and feeding butterflies can go about their lives unsnapped.

A short walk Further along, I pause to look for a fritillary, as over by the lighthouse, a Queen of Spain Fritillary has been seen and photographed. Last year I saw a Sliver Washed in the spot, so maybe? But no. However, a few Commas, Red Admirals and the smallest Holly Blue I have seen, the last of which I did get a series of shots of.

Holly Blue Celastrina argiolus ab. minor back home I have another squash, then set about clearing the border that runs beside the drive, as it is now not wide enough to get the car down.

The day is cooling down already, I sit on the patio waiting for Jools to come home.

A short walk She confirms she needs nothing to eat, so I will have bagels with cream cheese, as I tell myself they count as fruit.

Or something.

As darkness falls, Jools asks to play Uckers. So we do, and I win, of course.

No comments: