Thursday 8 August 2019

Wednesday 7th August 2019

The 8th day in a row I have worked from home.

Getting something of a habit, this.

And enjoyable.

Although, I seem to be having trouble waking up in the morning. Or when I do, I have a woolly head, and take some time to blow the cobwebs away.

And no phys to do, as I decreed it a rest day.

So, a lazy morning, listening to the previous night's radio, having a shower, getting dressed and then having breakfast. By which time, Jools was long gone.

And as always, work.

Though, work still seems to be slow, but then someone is PQM now, so I am off the mail distribution list, so I can just concentrate on the stuff I have to. And few meetings now.

Which is nice.

Though, I do convene a meeting, where I dish out tasks to those who attended, allocating tasks to those who made the most sensible answer.

Seemed to work.

Two hundred and nineteen The day slips by, as I manage to fill it with stuff, and am available to help out when needed or asked. Also available for bar mitzvahs too.

The cats are now settled into a routine of sleeping until lunch or jsut after, so the local squirrel can come and raid the bird feeders, and I can snap him from a distance.

He gets what he wants, and I gets what I want.

And there are butterflies. Painted Ladies have come over in great numbers, and bred, so their offspring now coat our shrubs and bushes, all in mint condition, so I try to snap them.

Artichokes The day fades into afternoon and thoughts of dinner. Jools was going to make gooseberry crumble for dinner, but she had hinted that she might be hungry as she makes it. So, I defrost a burger and rolls, one each, just to keep the worms at bay.

I wish I could say we made custard from fresh, but Tesco and the microwave makes it so easy. So, once the crumble was all golden and cooked, Jools serves it, and I pur the custard over each bowl.

What is crumble? Well, flour, sugar and butter mixed to a crumb, sat atop fruit; gooseberry or apple and blackberry. And was what our parents used to serve us when we did not appreciate such things.

We do now.

So, having eaten and washed up, we can chill, and our cats swirl round our legs demanding stuff, we know not what.

And that was your Wednesday.

But fret not, exciting stuff is coming.

No comments: