Monday 26 August 2019

Mum update

So, after waiting two weeks for Mum to arrange transport to a care home to see what it was like, being my birthday yesterday and seeing as she sent me a card, I called her.

Mum declared that she is now "better" and need not go into a home.

I expressed surprise at this. And added the fact that she is kidding herself.

But it is her choice to do this, and no one can force her out of the house.

But it does mean, as I pointed out, that lives cannot be just dropped when the time comes for her to leave the family home.

She is certainly sounding better, but she can barely write, and I did not recognise her handwriting.

So, there you have it.

Means that the plans currently in outline for the heritage weekend on the 14th, and Open House London two weeks later can be firmed up.

So, life goes on. Hers just being restricted to the 5 metres between her armchair and the toilet at the end of the hallway.

So it goes, so it goes.

No comments: