Friday 2 August 2019

Thursday 1st August 2019

Thursday.

I sleep through the alarm, I'm so relaxed.

I like this.

I wake up to smell Jools making coffee.

Time to get up.

Outside the skies have cleared, and it looks like it'll be a fine and still day.

Canna I'm hoping for butterflies in the garden.

Jools is a blur of activity, getting ready for work and all that. And once she has gone, I sigh and go to the spare room to do a session on the cross trainer: yay me.

Tansy I have a shower and get dressed, come down ready to start work.

And, well, the summer holiday continues. I am on top of things, so monitor mails and stuff, do electronic filing and stuff.

Two hundred and thirteen It keeps me off the streets.

The day passes quickly, I have lunch sitting on the patio; cheese on toast, which on heavily seeded bread was lovely.

In the afternoon I catch up with my reading; three magazines, sometimes sitting at the table on top of the work laptop, sometimes on the patio in the late afternoon sunshine.

Dinner is to be left over aubergines, stir fry, noodles and fresh corn. I treat myself to a bottle of Chimay, which I drink half of cooking, and the other half during and after the meal.

Cinq Cents Lovely.

The day ends with much radio listening as the sun sets and the day fades. It is dark by nine, and feels almost autumnal.

Brrrr.

No comments: