Saturday 17 April 2021

Friday 16th April 2021

We made it to the weekend.

Well done, you.

For Jools it is the weekend, for me there is just the one day to go.

And there are meetings.

And despite Jools not working, she had a day full of stuff, including a swimming session at six, then to Tesco and finally a yoga session with Jen before coming home to unload the shopping before heading into town

I just wanted the day to pass so we could go out in the car for some non-work and orchid-related fun.

The day went well, I competed three tasks I have been procrastinating all week on, which is all good. I fire off mails, and there is the weekly department COVID meetings. My colleagues in India try to make light of the situation, but Kit's voice was trembling as she explained she could not get vaccinated. Everyone is locked down,a nd one has all memebers of the same family in the next flat, seriously ill with COVID.

One hundred and six There are still no words.

Work continues.

Jools comes home, we pack the shopping away, have ham rolls for lunch.

A spring walk among the wood anemones and bluebells And I had two final meetings in the afternoon.

And at two, we were done.

I was closing down other tabls on the computer and the meeting ended, and as soon as the others rang off, I closed down Teams, closed the computer down and shouted to Jools, as I grabbed my cameras, we're leaving!!

A spring walk among the wood anemones and bluebells Now, it is just two days since the gout recovery started, so best take it easy, I spose.

I drove us back to Earley Wood where after some 17 days since I was last there, hthat there would be crowds of magestic sflowering orchid spikes among the bluebells.

A spring walk among the wood anemones and bluebells We parked at the gate and walked down to where I just KNEW the orchids would be out.

We saw none.

Heck, first time we failed to see the rosettes.

On the way back up we see them, no further forward than last time I was here. A bt disappointed, but then again, I hadn't missed anything when I was under house arrest.

A spring walk among the wood anemones and bluebells We walk along the path where there were more rosettes, and again nothing in flower. Just bluebells. Carpets of bluewells and wood anemones as far as the eye could see. That'd do, I spose.

A spring walk among the wood anemones and bluebells I take pictures.

And sadly there were no butterflies either, just too chilly even at three in the afternoon.

So, we walk back to the car, and I decide that the visit to Yocklett's could wait for the morning, and I let Jools drive me back just so I don't hurt my foot.

Once back, we have a brew, feed the cats and I take part in the music quiz, and again finishing nowhere.

But its the taking part.

We drive to Jen's for dinner of chilli, rice and garlic bread, and I don't have beer or wine.

Just too risky.

We tidy up and lay the baize down for cards, Jen wins one, Jools wins one. I make up the numbers.

And that is it, but the walk did my foot no further damage, and Saturday, a day orchiding was planned, unless the Gods of Gout had other ideas.

No comments: