Wednesday 21 April 2021

Tuesday 20th April 2021

Monday saw my 11th anniversary woring at Vesas/MVOW/Vestas without me noticing it. A year ago, it seemed so exciting to have spent a decade at the same company, but a year on, the old company is gone, half my cooleagues have been laid off or will leave next week. It feels a colder and harsher place.

There is no answer to this, I will plough on as long as I can, but I can't see me last four more years which would take me to 60. But we shall see.

It was supposed to be a dull and grey day all day, and overnight mist and then fog had come down, so when we got up at half five, there was little of the outside world to eb seen, in fact we couldn't see the bottom of the garden.

Misty morning, St Maggies We dod the usual routine, then after making brews and having a shower, Jools goes for a walk. I have a second coffee and get my laptop and mouse and start to prepare for work.

Wet wide web Another day in paradise.

Jools comes back from her walk, I have made her a tea in her travel mug, but I am in a meeting, talking about the latest IT failure or something. So she leaves after patting me on the head, and I continue to talk.

I am actually catching up with work, and able to do some research and find I am right after all, despite what I was told by a colleague. Sometimes its hard being right most, if not all the time.

After dealing with the overnight mail, calls, I make breakfast and yet another cup of coffee, my third of the morning.

I can now bear talking to people.

I supose I have not mentioned cats much, as things have settled down for the most part. Poppy had days when she is very nervous, and other days when she is less so. We just wish we could make her happy. She sometimes wees on a blanket, as this must be one of her safe places. It is in the middle of the living room, so who knows what goes on in a cat's head? Scully is calming down, but sometimes takes up guard the other side of the back door, until I chase her away. Mulder and Cleo are the same; Mulder an older gentleman, strolling round the house, sometimes irked enough to chase cleo or Poppy, while Cleo is still delightful, exploring and investigating everything, trotting around with her tail held high, occasionally chirrupping, who can't do nothing but smile at that?

Another late afternoon walk Anyway.

The morning continues until it is stime for lunch, or was it second breakfast first? Toasted sourdough with marmalade and a huge tea, and 90 minutes later, more toasted sourdough, this time with pate.

Another late afternoon walk I have meetings in the afternoon, more of the blind leading the blind,in which other are expecting me to wave a magic wand.

Another late afternoon walk No pressure, then.

And at three, the day is done, so I put on my shoes, up to that point, i had been pretty pan free, but the act of putting the shoe on means my big toe joint rubs against the side of the shoe as I try to slip it on, ugly sister style, and it smarts, but then is on and the pain goes.

I don't go far, along to Station Road, then to the top of the hill'down to the first track, then past the war memorial, and along the hedge lined track, snapping any of the few wildflowers currently in bloom. Best of all are the white deadnettles, which I get down on the ground to snap to capture the fairy boots detail.

One hundred and ten I go up to Windy Ridge then along the tree line hoping the sun trap would be full of butterflies.

Another late afternoon walk There were none.

And round the large paddock via the tracks and then back home along Collingwood.

Another late afternoon walk At least it didn't hurt as much as on Monday.

I was home because at six, Norwich were playing Watford and if we won, we would be champions, that I used the past tense will tell you we didn't.

Another late afternoon walk Inbetween, Jools brought home fish and chips for our tea.

And then, to football, with Norwich suffering a promotion hangover, they were second best all over the pitch, and lost by a single goal from a mistake. Watford wanted it more, so closed the gap to five points with three games to go.

Fish and chips Meanwhile, there was Twitter and football meltdown as the Super League collapsed 48 hours after being launched, it was one of the more exciting nights in the Twittervers as stories came in apparently by the minute as some club or the other had given in and left the breakaway league.

I went to bed happy.

No comments: