Wednesday 7 April 2021

Tuesday 6th April 2021

Back to work.

And another day with gout.

I am, at least, sleeping, and the pain is fading, except when I stub my toe, which I did in the afternoon causing another spike not only in pain, but crystals too.

But I am hopeful things are getting better.

I must have slept well, as I slept through the alrm, Jools getting , the cats being fed, first kettle boil of the day for a brew. Then I woke up.

But I had less than an hour before work, time to log on and face the music, only there seemed to be no music to face, as my manager is on his holibobs.

Polywog update So, I get to work, attending a meeting (of course) and clear my inbox of the 74 mails, most of which were meeting invites.

Snakes alive! No matter how I tried, I could not find a place to sit at the table where I was comfortable with my foot up, which is still neded to make the swelling in my big toe go down.

I worked all throught the morning, and found that by one I was caught up, so I set an out of office message and took to the fofa with my feet up, dosed myself with drugs and snowered my toe joint with come cream.

Pasque At this point, I want normal, pain free shuffling about the house, able to war a shoe and get out, you know?

The day dragged.

Dinner was straightforward; crispbakes, curried rice and garlic mushrooms and peppers. Simple but full of flavours.

Incoming storm I also make a dessert as Jools had bought the ingredients, so it was a kind of chocolate mouse with almonds thing. I mix it all up, melt the choclate using a ban marie, and add that, pop the ramekins in the oven, and 12 minutes later, they were done.

We ate once Jools came back. By this point I had stubbed my toe, and so my pain-free afternoon ended, and the throbing returned heralding the return of more crystals.

Sigh.

Jools made coffee and we had the desserts, and they were darn good, even if I say so myself as the cook.

Ninety six And then it was time for football, Norwich playing Huddersfield, and a win for City would edge us back nearer the Prem. Before kick off, I'd have taken a draw, maybe a 1-0 win.

City kicked off and ran the show for the first half, 5-0 up by half time, it was cruel, almost like torture to treat opponents like that, let them chase shadows, it was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters angaist that team of schmucks that used to get shown on TV every Christmas.

Seventh heaven City eased up in the 2nd, though scored two more to romp home 7-0 and end the day 5 points from certain promotion.

No comments: